3 Healthy and Tasty Breakfast Options
Over the past year while in the process of losing weight, I learned various ways to begin the day with the healthiest and most enjoyable Breakfast. I came up with 3 favorites revolving around Steel Cut Oat Meal, Eggs, or...
Over the past year while in the process of losing weight, I learned various ways to begin the day with the healthiest and most enjoyable Breakfast. I came up with 3 favorites revolving around Steel Cut Oat Meal, Eggs, or Cream of Wheat.
I'm a firm believer in not starving yourself. I won't leave the house hungry even if it means making 2 servings when the directions might otherwise call for making one. Steel cut oat meal is where I regularly applied that standard. One serving just doesn't cut it. If you make it correctly with the proper toppings mixed in, you'll have a breakfast that will keep you going for hours and provide you with many important nutrients. Here is how I like to prepare it.
Prep time: 30 mins
- almond milk
- (optional) cinnamon
- (optional) stevia
- Cook the oatmeal.
- First I add almond milk giving it a looser texture.
- Then I add 10 blueberries and 7 raspberries.
- It's important to mix them in while the oatmeal is hot so the raspberries break down. These 2 healthy fruits make the oatmeal taste like candy.
- After you sprinkle cinnamon all across the top, you can also add a few packets of Stevia, a sugar substitute derived from a root, to make it even sweeter.
I guarantee you'll leave the house feeling satisfied, warm, and happy for hours.
The next breakfast suggestion is for egg lovers.
Prep time: 10 mins
- 2 eggs
- coconut oil
- tomato slices
- Cook 2 eggs in a pan with coconut oil, preferably sunny side up, and cover each yolk with a piece of Weight Watchers cheese, either Swiss or American.
- Cover the pan so that the cheese melts into the egg.
- Take 2 slices of tomato, one for each slice of the Black bread I recommend, and cover that with the cooked eggs and cheese.
It tastes like a feast when all it really is a simple combination of tasty and healthy food products.
Cream of Wheat
The last suggestion is a delicious sweet and healthy way to eat Cream of Wheat. Put a tablespoon of Kerry Gold butter, mix it in and squirt a nice amount of Agave Nectar Light into the bowl of oatmeal. It will taste sweet like pure sugar and is healthy, delicious and will give you a nice warm feeling.
No matter which one you choose you will leave the house happy. We'd love to know your favorite, contact us and let us know.