A Spicy Breakfast: How to Prepare a High Protein Indian Breakfast
South Indian Breakfast How to Prepare a High Protein Indian Breakfast Individuals who are vegan as well as interested in a Breakfast high in protein will find their minds and their physical aspects well nourished from the information provided in the...
How to Prepare a High Protein Indian Breakfast
Individuals who are vegan as well as interested in a Breakfast high in protein will find their minds and their physical aspects well nourished from the information provided in the following article regarding a high protein Indian breakfast. Many people enjoy Indian cuisine so having an initial Breakfast handy complete with a few select recipes is a good start in collecting high protein Indian breakfast ideas. Not only is the food tasty; the inviting smell of the food cooking is noticeable for blocks.
The greatest aspect of cooking Indian cuisine is it's world-wide recognition. Indian cooking is best described as a perfected blending of taste, flavor and spices. People who are very hungry will appreciate a variety of high protein Indian dishes at breakfast time. The use of mustard oil and coconut oil is a very standard practice in India: however, alternative oils can be used instead. Good substitutes in way of cooking oils include vegetable oil or olive oil. The preceding two cooking oils can reduce caloric intake significantly.
The scrambled eggs: very spicy!
Many persons are familiar with different forms of the scrambled egg. The Indian scrambled eggs are prepared in very much the same manner as the English world version; however, the ingredients which go with the Indian version are greatly different. The Indian version of the much appreciated scrambled egg is spicy. It is recommended that the cook who prepares the Indian version places a slice of whole wheat bread alongside of it. Add butter or cheese to the whole wheat toast.
Ingredients for Indian scrambled eggs:
- 4 Eggs
- 1 diced tomato,
- 2 green chili peppers: minced;
- 1/2 teaspoon of red chili powder,
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt,
- 1 teaspoon of minced ginger,
- 1/2 of a red onion chopped,
- 1/3 cup of coriander leaves,
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of sunflower oil; and,
- 1 pinch of turmeric powder.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick cooking pan.
- Add minced ginger, onions and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle ingredients with red chili powder and salt.
- Add the green chilies.
- Cook everything on low heat until a brownish tinge is noticed.
- Whisk the eggs; add a pinch of salt, turmeric powder and the coriander leaves to the eggs.
- Pour the eggs into the onion mixture.
- Cook on low heat and stir the eggs until they are sufficiently set.
- Spread the eggs inside slices of whole wheat bread which are sufficiently buttered or on top of typical indian naan bread. Serve the eggs and bread slices while each are hot along with tomato sauce.
Phal-Ahaar with Chivda: Flaked rice and fruits:
Along with the spicy scrambled eggs it is suggested the cook serves rice. The rice recipe is unique in that it is served with an assortment of fruits and other favorable ingredients. The rice is referred to as Chivda in India with its origin in West Bengal. The rice is a flaked rice. The dish is referred to as Phal-Ahaar with Chivda. The rice is best described as a dish very similar in appearance to Muesli. It is a dish where the cook mixes together different fruits and other ingredients with the flaked rice. The result is a dish which is very rich in protein. The cook can select fruits according to his or her own taste and then blend the fruits of choice with the flaked rice. It is thought by many persons and experts in the culinary industry that the best fruits for the dish are mangos and bananas. The recipe below provides an explanation of how to prepare the flaked rice for a protein rich breakfast:
- 1 banana,
- 1/2 mango,
- 2 cups of milk or yogurt,
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar,
- 1 bowl of flaked rice; and,
- 1/3 cup of dried fruits.
- Rinse the flaked rice in water.
- Soak the rice in yogurt or milk for approximately two minutes in order that the crispy rice flakes become soft.
- Slice the fruits and add them to the soaked rice. Blend the fruits in such a way that they do not remain whole but are more juicy and pulp like.
- Add the dried fruits and sugar to the rice and fruit mixture.
- An optional item which can be added to the above mixture is honey.
- The rice mixture can be the sole dish at breakfast or added as yet another dish. The rice dish though is filling according to some culinary experts: so it may be wise for the cook to sample the rice first, during breakfast one morning, in order to decide if he or she wishes to make both the spicy scrambled eggs and rice dish for breakfast or the rice dish only.
A vegetable dish which can be added to a protein rich Indian breakfast is Vegetable Upma:
Upma is manufactured from Semolina. Semolina is a milled wheat product. The Indian Semolina is referred to as Rawa or Suji. The dish is made with vegetables. Individuals like preparing Upma because the preparation of it is so simplistic. The addition of legumes and vegetables further enhances the nutritional aspects of the dish. The recipe for Vegetable Upma follows:
List of ingredients for Vegetable Upma:
- 1 cup of Semolina,
- 1/3 cup of green beans,
- 1/3 cup of peas,
- 1/2 chopped onion,
- 1 teaspoon of lentils,
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds,
- 1/3 cup of chopped tomatoes,
- 1 dried red chili,
- 1/2 carrot: finely chopped; and,
- 2 teaspoons of vegetable oil.
Preparation of Vegetable Upma:
- Add one teaspoon of ghee in a non-stick pan;
- Fry the semolina inside the pan. (Make certain the semolina does not burn.)
- Set the semolina aside.
- Add two teaspoons of vegetable oil to the frying pan.
- Fry the lentils, red chili and mustard seeds together inside the pan.
- Add the vegetables to the semolina and cook the entire mixture on a setting of medium heat.
- Add one and one-half cups of water to the mixture;
- Place the lid on top of the pan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil.
- Pour the semolina slowly out of the pan.
- Continue to stir in order that the mixture does not become lumpy.
- Once the ingredients are on the plates, a garnish of coriander leaves along with lemon juice is suggested. The dish is now ready to be served.
Include beverages such as milk, coffee and juice.
Tips: Creative cooks collect Indian breakfast recipes. As their recipe collection grows, a resourceful cook can create his or her own Indian cookbook, along with their other recipes. This gives them the opportunity to provide his or her family a variety of tasty and healthy Indian dishes at breakfast time -- so make it a point to collect Indian recipes and start building your breakfast book!