Hopping Good Easter-Themed Desserts
Easter homemade gingerbread cookie After a long, arduous winter, spring is finally in the air. With spring comes Easter, the most candy-filled holiday on the calendar. However, if you have a discerning sweet tooth that can’t be sated with...
After a long, arduous winter, spring is finally in the air. With spring comes Easter, the most candy-filled holiday on the calendar. However, if you have a discerning sweet tooth that can’t be sated with chocolate bunnies orcrème eggs, there are a number of delectable Easter-themed desserts you can create in your own kitchen. Get into the Easter spirit, break out the bakeware and send your taste buds hopping!
Easter Egg Cookies
Cookie-loving children and adults won’t want to miss out on a chance to sample Easter egg cookies. These tasty morsels provide cookie enthusiasts with a blank slate upon which to create fun, visually appealing treats. Better yet, they require very little preparation time and utilize ingredients found in virtually any pantry.
- Sugar cookie mix
- Vegetable oil
- White frosting
- Sugar dots
- Combine your sugar cookie mix with the amounts of eggs, butter and vegetable oil specified on the package.
- Stir the mixture until it has taken on a thick consistency.
- Using an egg-shaped cookie cutter, form egg-shaped pieces of cookie batter.
- Place the raw cookies on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake them for the amount of time recommended on the cake mix package.
- After the cookies come out of the oven, cover their surfaces with white frosting.
Once the cookies have been frosted, the real fun begins. Provide your guests with an assortment of sprinkles, sugar dots and jellybeans, then watch as they create a delicious array of mouthwatering cookies that resemble artfully decorated Easter eggs.
Easter Bunny Cupcakes
If you’re interested in creating a dessert that pays tribute to everyone’s favorite holiday rabbit, whip up a fresh batch of Easter Bunny
cupcakes. These delectable little cakes make the ideal centerpiece for any all-ages Easter gathering. Made from cake mix and a small assortment of edible decorations, the finished product is sure to give off a professional vibe to anyone lucky enough to sample your creations.
- Cake mix
- Cupcake wrappers
- Vegetable oil
- Whipped cream frosting
- Edible ears and facial features
- Using the package as a reference, combine your cake mix with the recommended amounts of eggs and vegetable oil.
- Thoroughly stir the mixture until your batter takes shape.
- Place your cupcake wrappers into a nonstick cupcake or muffin tin.
- Evenly distribute the batter into the cupcake wrappers.
- Bake the cupcakes for the amount of time specified on the cake mix package.
- Cover the cupcakes’ surfaces with whipped cream frosting.
- Position the sugared eyes, noses, mouths and ears in a manner that suggests the Easter Bunny is looking up at whoever is eating the cupcake.
Your family and friends won’t soon forget an Easter treat that sports the image of one of the world’s most beloved holiday mascots. Easter Bunny cupcakes are a welcome addition to any holiday party or Easter basket.
The next time you’re arranging a child’s Easter basket or planning a fun spring shindig, give Easter-themed baked goods a try. After sampling the home-baked delicacies you have to offer, your loved ones will no longer be content with bland, store-bought Easter candy.