How to Easily Bake Calamari Steaks
Illustration For the seafood lover, calamari steaks can make a fantastic meal and a meatier alternative to calamari rings. However, for those who have never prepared squid before, cooking it may seem like a daunting task. While it is...
For the seafood lover, calamari steaks can make a fantastic meal and a meatier alternative to calamari rings. However, for those who have never prepared squid before, cooking it may seem like a daunting task. While it is true that calamari can come out tough and chewy if it is over or undercooked, when using the right cooking method it is easy to cook the perfect calamari steak.
The easiest way to cook calamari if you have never attempted to cook it before would be to bake it. This way, you can cook it slower than frying it so you will not have to worry about over cooking it. Also, baked calamari is a healthier and less greasy alternative to fried calamari. Here is a recipe for how to bake calamari steaks quickly and easily.
Simple Baked Calamari Steaks- Ready Time: 30 minutes Serves: 2
- 4 Calamari Steaks (sliced into strips)
- 1 Cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 ½ Cup Breadcrumbs (regular or Panko depending on your preference)
- 1 Extra Large Egg (beaten)
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 390 Degrees Fahrenheit.
- Rinse the calamari steaks and gently pat them dry.
- Season the all-purpose flour with salt and pepper.
- Dredge the calamari steaks in the flour, then the egg, and finally coat them with the breadcrumbs.
- Place the calamari steak strips on a greased baking sheet and bake them for 15-18 minutes, or until golden brown.
Baked calamari steaks go great served with a marinara sauce, a tartar sauce, or even a tangy aioli.
Once you have tried making this recipe, you will see how easy it is to make. You will also see how much better calamari tastes when baked rather than fried. However, this is simply one of the ways in which you can bake calamari, there are many great recipes that you can try once you have discovered how good baked calamari steaks are. Contact us for more information on ways to bake calamari as well as for other great cooking tips.