Retro Recipes The Classic Cookie
Chocolate Chip Cookie Peanut Butter Chips Cookies This past week we have been baking cookies for our shoppers in The Cook’s Warehouse in Atlanta. It is funny how a warm cookie can make just about anyone smile. No matter...
This past week we have been baking cookies for our shoppers in The Cook’s Warehouse in Atlanta. It is funny how a warm cookie can make just about anyone smile. No matter the add-in’s a classic chip cookie is a favorite. This week we created dozens of Chocolate Chip Cookies, some with toasted pecans because we do live in the South, and the classic Holiday version of White Chocolate and Dried Cranberries. But I must admit that the Peanut Butter Chip were very popular as well as the Health Bar Toffee Cookies. These two were just a bit different and a welcomed change for many shoppers. Most investigative shoppers sampled all four options before they offered their favorite variety. I am sharing the classic recipe to which you can include your favorite add-ins. Make some memories with homemade cookies!
The Classic Cookie Batter
- 1 cup butter, unsalted
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups flour
Add In Suggestions:
- 2 cups chocolate chips, Peanut Butter Chips, Butterscotch Chips, Peppermint Bark, White Chocolate Chips, M& M’s, etc…
- 1 cup toasted pecans, walnuts, peanuts or almonds
- Maybe some dried cranberries,
- Blend butter and sugars. Add in eggs, baking soda, salt and vanilla.
- Blend well.
- As the final step, blend in the flour and then your add-ins.
- Drop teaspoons on a baking sheet. We used a scoop for uniformity. We also covered these sheet pans with Silpat baking liners this week for great results and easy clean up.
- Bake 350 degrees 9-10 minutes.
- Cool on racks for about 2 – 3 minutes before serving.
- Store in an airtight container if not consumed immediately!
- As I am not always patient, I often will take a recipe of cookie dough and fill a 9 x 13 x 2 pan over creating individual cookies. The bake time with these is often at least 35 – 45 minutes.
What is your favorite cookie?