Sauteed Bananas, Yum!
Sauteed Bananas with Ice Cream Who would have thought? Sauteed bananas? This actually makes for a fast and delicious treat. The only thing you need is a little bit of butter and sugar. Here is the best way...
Who would have thought? Sauteed bananas? This actually makes for a fast and delicious treat. The only thing you need is a little bit of butter and sugar. Here is the best way to saute bananas
- Pick bananas that are firm and ripe, look for bananas that have a yellow peel with a little bit of brown spots.
- Peel the number of bananas you want to prepare. One banana serves one person. So consider how many mouths are waiting and watering.
- Cut anyway you desire, it is best to cut in half and then cut lengthwise.
- Prepare your pan. Set heat to medium-high, add about one to two tablespoon of butter and let it melt. When it starts to bubble add about one to two tablespoon of sugar (you may choose brown sugar if you desire)
- Once the sugar dissolves place in the bananas.
- Cook until golden and turn for even heating. Use a spatula so your bananas do not break apart. It will take about 2-5 minutes.
- Remove from pan and let cool for one minute.
Sauteed bananas are a great treat on their own but here are a few other things you can do with them:
- Add them to your pancakes
- Put them in yogurt and add some chopped nuts
- Try them with a drizzle of caramel sauce
- Add a teaspoon of lemon and a teaspoon of cinnamon for a varied flavor
- Top off your ice cream with the bananas
No matter how you slice it, sauteed bananas are a fun, easy treat that your whole family will love!
For more great tips and ideas contact us