Thought Leader Series: Apple-Orange Pancakes with Citrus Syrup and Honey Bacon
Lorena Brockman is a blogger for JennsBlahBlahBlog.com and has notable know-how in blogging, food, cooking, and has been deemed "Greatest Auntie Ever" by many. To learn more about Lorena, visit her company's blog at JennsBlahBlahBlog.com. Families are quick to...
Lorena Brockman is a blogger for JennsBlahBlahBlog.com and has notable know-how in blogging, food, cooking, and has been deemed "Greatest Auntie Ever" by many. To learn more about Lorena, visit her company's blog at JennsBlahBlahBlog.com.
Families are quick to get up and rush through their mornings. Getting the kids fed, the pets taken care of, and everyone out the door on time is top priority. But what happened to breakfast? Nuked pancakes, soggy waffles, and granola bars now qualify as breakfast.
It's time to put a pause on the morning with a delicious, hearty, and easy breakfast. These apple-orange pancakes with citrus syrup and honey bacon will get everyone around the table before a busy day.
Some preparation comes with this recipe, but it's simple and will keep the family smiling. The night before, dice your apples and juice your fruits to save you from having to do the tasks in the morning. If you decide to slice and dice your apples, place them in a sealed container with water and cinnamon to add more flavor. Just be sure to drain and pat dry with a paper towel before you cook.
- Juice of 4 oranges
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 4 cups maple syrup (or any of your choice)
- In a small sauce pan, heat syrup on low heat.
- Slowly stir in lemon, lime, and orange juices.
- Bring the syrup to a low bubble; add honey and stir.
- Remove from heat and set aside, covered.
- 1 package (16 oz) bacon
- 1/2 cup honey
- Black pepper
- On a prepared baking sheet, spread bacon strips and sprinkle with pepper, to your liking.
- Drizzle with honey, turn and coat other side with honey and pepper.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 30 minutes, checking often, and flipping one to two times.
- Turn off the oven; remove or leave in for extra crispiness.
- 3 cups prepared pancake batter (boxed or an easy recipe)
- 1 apple, finely diced
- Juice from 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter
- In a large skillet, melt butter and add apples. Sautee the apples until softened and sprinkle with cinnamon and brown sugar. Simmer for a few minutes until apples are caramelized (extra butter is optional).
- In a large mixing bowl, fold your caramelized apples into the prepared batter until blended.
- On a prepared skillet, heated until water splash evaporates, pour a quarter cup of batter. Cook until it bubbles up in the middle of the pancake and sides are browned. Flip and cook an addition one to two minutes, or until center is solid. Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
Now you know what to do. Butter each pancake, stack two or three, drizzle with warm syrup, add a side of bacon with a slice of orange.
This is a breakfast that's easy and fun to prepare. Your family will love it, and it only takes a select number of ingredients.
Browse our cookware and these pancakes can be on your kitchen table tomorrow morning.